6946 VT Route 113
Vershire, VT 05079
The Stagecoach Stop Hostel, located on the second floor of the historic (ca.1830) Church-Orr House in Vershire, Vermont, offers accommodations for up to six people in three refurbished bedrooms. The Church-Orr House was once a stagecoach stop on a Boston to Montreal stage run and once again offers lodging for travelers. It’s very handy place to stay if you are visiting Vershire, and a good alternative to a motel for people visiting adjoining towns such as Chelsea, West Fairlee, Thetford, or Fairlee.
Hostel Services include:
- Beds with bed linens
- Upstairs shower, toilet, sink; downstairs toilet and sink
- An upstairs lounge with comfortable seating, local phone, and a large collection of books (take one, leave one!).
- Access to kitchen downstairs (fridge, sink, coffeepot, microwave.) Unfortunately, per insurance regulation, guests may not use the range.
- Access to the library and Made-In-Vershire Shop downstairs during their open hours. (Arrangements can generally be made to get into the store, which sells local crafts and foods.)
Reservations for the hostel may be made or further information obtained by:
- emailing us
- calling 802-333-4090 between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm, Eastern time
- writing to
PO Box 112
Vershire, VT 05079
Once your reservation is confirmed, we will require the full amount to be mailed mail within one week of making reservation, to hold your place.
After we receive your deposit, you will receive a confirmation sheet which will include the combination for the door.
Our refund policy:
- 14+ days, 100%
- 7-14 days, 50%
- fewer than 7 days, no refunds
- No pets
- No smoking
- No alcohol
- Maximum overnight occupancy is six persons, per fire code. We cannot make any exceptions to this regulation.
- Check in time is 3 PM. Check out time is 11 AM.
- The hostel is self-service.
- The house manager or other VerShare officers/members may visit during your stay.
- The confirmation sheet will include several emergency contact numbers.