6946 VT Route 113
Vershire, VT 05079
The Stagecoach Stop Hostel, located on the second floor of the historic (ca.1830) Church-Orr House in Vershire, Vermont, offers accommodations for up to six people in three refurbished bedrooms. The Church-Orr House was once a stagecoach stop on a Boston to Montreal stage run and once again offers lodging for travelers. It’s a very handy place to stay if you are visiting Vershire and a good alternative to a motel for people visiting adjoining towns such as Chelsea, West Fairlee, Thetford, or Fairlee.
Hostel Services include:
- Beds with bed linens
- Upstairs shower, toilet, sink; downstairs toilet and sink
- An upstairs lounge with comfortable seating, local phone, and a large collection of books (take one, leave one!).
- Access to kitchen downstairs (fridge, sink, oven, range, coffee pot, microwave)
- Access to the library and Made-In-Vershire Shop downstairs during their open hours. (Arrangements can generally be made to get into the store, which sells local crafts and foods.)
- Access to public events held downstairs, including Thursday Night Beer Exchange (7-9pm) and Saturday Morning Coffee (10am – 1pm)
- $65 per room per night (one person).
- $15 for each additional person in a room.
- No charge for children under 12.
- Linens (sheets, blankets, towels) are included.
Hostel Reservations and additional information:
- email us
- call 802-431-3734 or 333-4090 between 9 AM and 8 PM, EST
- write to
2345 Parker Road
Vershire, VT 05079
Once your reservation is confirmed, we will require the full amount to be mailed mail within one week of making reservation. After we receive your deposit, you will receive a confirmation sheet that will include the combination for the front door lock.
- fewer than 1 day no refund
- No Smoking
- Check in time is 3 PM. Check out time is 11 AM. Earlier and later checkin times available upon request.
- The hostel is self-service.
- The house manager or other VerShare officers/members may visit during your stay.
- There will be a calendar of events letting you know when other meetings/gatherings will be happening in the Church-Orr House.